Top 8 DIY Turmeric Face Masks for a beautiful and radiant skin.
Ditch those chemicals infused cosmetics. Bring out that natural glow of your skin, the traditional way, using an affordable, powerful and natural remedy called Turmeric.
Turmeric or the golden herb is highly beneficial for all skin conditions. Though it may be a relatively new skin phenomenon in the western world, it has been used for centuries in Indian weddings which involves applying a turmeric paste on the bride and groom because of the glow it leaves.
Turmeric Benefits for Skin
Helps skin ailments: Turmeric has been reported to help with serious skin conditions such eczema, psoriasis, acne and even wound healing.
Lightens pigmentation: Turmeric contains the antioxidant curcumin, which is also anti-inflammatory and can lighten pigmentation.
Healing: Because of its anti-bacterial properties, it helps to heal and prevent dry skin.
Anti-aging: Turmeric slows the skin aging process and is used to diminish wrinkles, keep skin supple, and improve skin’s elasticity.
Here are 8 super easy Homemade Turmeric Masks for different skin types
1. Turmeric Mask for Dry Skin
Using turmeric for dry skin can help you reduce flakiness and dryness, while increasing radiance and glow. It also enhances skin’s texture and complexion.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rice flour,1 teaspoon of turmeric, a few drops of honey, and 3 tablespoons of milk to make a paste.
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off in the shower, scrubbing gently to remove.
2. Turmeric Face Mask for Skin Brightening and Hyperpigmentation
This hydrating mask will brighten up your skin giving you that glow you have been longing for. It is also good for hyperpigmentation.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 tablespoon of milk and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for 10–20 minutes before rinsing off.
3. Turmeric Face Scrub for acne prone skin and blemishes
Turmeric’s texture provides excellent exfoliation and it helps regulate skin’s oil production, making it great for acne-prone skin. With its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric keeps bacteria from spreading and by reducing redness and swelling of the blemish.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric, 3 teaspoons of almond milk and 2 teaspoons of baking soda in a small bowl.
- Massage this paste over clean, damp skin with fingertips starting with your chin and working upward in small circles.
- Rinse and follow with moisturizer.
Turmeric reduces inflammation and irritation while other ingredients like raw honey and coconut milk help tighten and brighten skin.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 teaspoon milk in a small bowl and stir. Make sure that you have a thin paste, so you can add milk if needed to get the right consistency.
- Before applying the paste, cleanse your face to remove dirt and makeup.
- Apply the mask evenly all over your face, making sure to focus on any inflamed areas and leave the mask on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water. Repeat for a few weeks to see the results.
The three ingredients of this mask, chickpeas, coconut, and cucumber are all soothing and healing for our skin. When you add in turmeric, you’ll also get its known anti-inflammatory and brightening benefits, too.
- In a small bowl, mix2 tablespoons (or 15 grams) of chickpea flour, ½ teaspoon coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric to form a paste.
- You can also add more chickpea flour if the paste is too thin.
- Apply the mask evenly to your face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes or until the paste dries.
- Rinse with warm water.
While turmeric is high in antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties, the orange juice provides fruit acid to help clear blemishes and sandalwood is known to be a natural astringent.
- Add about 1½ tablespoons of sandalwood powder and a pinch of ground turmeric to 3 tablespoons of orange juice and apply the paste to the face.
- Leave on for about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat
7. Turmeric Mask for psoriasis, rosacea and eczema.
Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties work wonders in treating even the trickiest of skin conditions.
The cooling properties of coconut oil help reduce redness from blemishes and calm inflamed and irritated skin.
- All you need to do is mix equal parts of turmeric and coconut oil and apply the mixture on red, itchy, inflamed or irritated skin.
8. Turmeric Mask for wound healing
Turmeric also speeds up the skin’s ability to form new, healthy tissue. It boosts collagen production too which means your injury heals faster and scars fade soon.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder with water or coconut oil until it becomes a thick paste.
- Apply to cleansed wound and cover with a bandage for up to 24 hours.
Do try these DIY homemade Turmeric masks to give yourself a healthier and glowing skin.