Top benefits of Ashwagandha for Hair and Skin
You must have heard about the many benefits of the miracle herb- Ashwagandha for promoting an optimal well-being and its usage in Ayurveda.,
But did you know that this ancient herb is also an answer to many hair and skin troubles?
In this blog, we are going to learn in detail about why and how Ashwagandha can tackle many hair and skin issues.
Let’s first discuss how Ashwagandha is good for hair!
Ashwagandha prevents hair loss
Stress is the common cause of hair loss. It creates inflammation in the body and sends our body into repair mode, which causes the least important systems in the body (hair being one of them) to stop functioning normally until the more vital systems are protected. Being a powerful adaptogen, it reduces stress and thereby can prevent or stop hair loss.
Rich in antioxidants and amino acids, Ashwagandha helps to strengthen hair and minimise breakage.
Ashwagandha helps to stimulate melanin production, the pigment that gives colour to our hair. So Ashwagandha can help reverse greying of hair.
Alleviates scalp irritation
How to use Ashwagandha for Hair?
You can use Ashwagandha in a variety of ways and as per your health need.
- Make a paste: Mix powdered Ashwagandha with water to create a paste that you can apply directly to your scalp in order to take advantage of the antioxidants that can improve scalp health.
- Mix it with coffee or milk: You can mix Ashwagandha powder into your morning coffee, milk or even a glass of water.
- Shampoo with Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha powder can also be combined with your shampoo for topical application. Simply mix the powder with your normal shampoo and let it rest on your scalp for a few minutes.
- Take it as an oral supplement: Another good idea is to try incorporating an oral dosage of Ashwagandha into your wellness regimen in the form of a capsule or tablet.
Organic Kosha’s Ashwagandha Herbal Supplement is as good as taking the pure powder into a capsule form. It is created with the most potent forest-grown roots of Ashwagandha without any additives to give you the maximum advantage. Learn more.
Why to use Ashwagandha for skin?
Ashwagandha promises a radiant skin with its high levels of antioxidants that fight signs of aging such as wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, and blemishes.
It also contains alkaloids that ease anxiety and stress by acting on the nervous system. As a result, it has a direct impact on the health of our skin.
- Works as a moisturiser: Ashwagandha soothes and protects against dry, rough skin.
- Prevents acne and pimples: The active ingredient of Ashwagandha is withanolides that help cleanse dirt and impurities, which can prevent clogged pores and acne leading to a cleaner, radiant skin.
- Helps with wound healing: Ashwagandha has strong anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that helps to treat cuts, bruises, and skin infection.
- It prevents ageing: Ashwagandha helps boost both testosterone and estrogen. As a result, it incites the production of vital proteins for healthy skin hydration. Estrogen is helpful in maintaining the skin youth by stimulating the collagen generation and increasing the natural skin oils. It also helps to lower cortisol levels and prevent stress that makes it a powerful anti-ageing herb.
How to make Ashwagandha face pack?
- Mix 2 teaspoons of Ashwagandha powder and 1 teaspoon of dried ginger and some dried lemon peels together
- Boil the mixture in 1 cup of water and let it cool
- Apply it on the face and leave it for a few minutes before rinsing off.
There you have it the secret to a beautiful, clean skin that can keep the blemishes, acne away and even prevent ageing.
Do try Ashwagandha as a natural home remedy for your hair and skin problems and enjoy the many benefits it offers in the long run.